As we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times, our primary goal is to keep staff, students, and families safe as we literally receive new information by the hour. Please know that JAC-CEN-DEL COMMUNITY SCHOOL is continuing to work very closely with the Ripley County Health Department and Emergency Management, and heeding the advice from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to try to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Here are Jac-Cen-Del Community Schools next steps:
- All buildings will be closed after spring break for one week, March 30-April 3. Governor Holcomb is allowing all school districts to have twenty Covid-19 waiver days that are not required to be made up. This five-day break from March 30-April 3 will utilize five of the twenty Covid-19 waiver days. After the five days, we will continue with the below schedule:
- Monday No School
- Tuesday E-Learning
- Wednesday E-Learning
- Thursday E-Learning
- Friday No School
- All April field trips are cancelled. May field trips will be reviewed towards the end of April or unless advised earlier.
- All April after school activities are cancelled. May after school activities will be reviewed towards the end of April or unless advised earlier.
- No outside visitors will be permitted unless approved by the building administrator.
- All extra-curricular events and practices are cancelled until further notice.
- Food services will continue to operate on every Tuesday and Thursday. More communication will be posted on Facebook JCD Parents page and our updated website as we gather information.
- Any Jr. /Sr. High or Elementary parents that need to pick up their child's device or homework on days off will call the office between 8:00-12:00 to let the front office know they are coming to pick it up.
All devices will be handed to parents in their cars so no one is entering the schools. Any parent that cannot pick up a student device during these times needs to call the school's front office and confirm a time they can pick up the device later that day.
Everyone is aware of the alarming rate at which this situation is changing. We promise to update everyone when local, state, or federal health department's recommendations create a change in our educational world.
Again, I appreciate your partnership in keeping our students and staff safe and healthy.